Sarà un’estate calda, e movimentata

“NOAA has forecasted a 70% chance of an above-normal 2005 Atlantic hurricane season, a 20% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. This outlook is produced by scientists at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center (CPC), Hurricane Research Division (HRD), and National Hurricane Center (NHC).

The outlook calls for 12-15 tropical storms, with 7-9 becoming hurricanes, and 3-5 of these becoming major hurricanes. This prediction reflects a very likely continuation of above-normal activity that began in 1995.

The Atlantic hurricane in season in 2004 was above-normal, with 14 tropical storms, 9 of which became hurricanes, 6 of which became major hurricanes. In addition to other damage, the storms disrupted oil production in the Gulf of Mexico, adding unexpected supply stress to the oil supply-demand situation.”